Box: Wedding Photo Album
The carboard box our wedding photo album came in was in pretty rough shape in no time. I had never build a box and decided to try my hands at one with left over materials I had laying around. This was construction lumber and while I liked the look, I very much disliked the knots.
After I finished a few cutting boards I had *just enough* cherry and walnut to make another one that looked nicer and that's what the rest of the project focuses on.
#box #walnut #cherry
This is the original trial box I made. I liked the look but very much disliked the knots.
I had just enough walnut to make up the 4 sides.
And just enough to cherry to make the two panels.
A quick preview of the colours together.
Pre-finished the panels and the inside walls.
And glued using masking tape for clamps.
I added splines and then took the scary step of cutting the box open.
Was I glad that I pre-finished and taped the inside of the box!
I add finished to the outside of the box and installed a latch on the front.
To keep the album from moving around too much as well as give space for fingers to grab the album, I added small blocks to the corners.
View from the top.
View from the top[less].
Final shot #1
Final shot #2