Popular Woodworking School Box.
Late night layout. Taking my time here paid off when I started cutting. I opted to use poplar instead of pine.
Cutting some tails.
Chopping some tails.
Not amazing, but better then the turds I've been squeezing out so far.
Much better after a little dust and glue. Although I did mangle things a bit while I was planing the pins flush.
Got some help fixing it though.
At least for a minute.
My hinge mounting really needs work. Lid is a bit wonky. Also, I got bright brass screws for some reason. They look wrong AND I kept snapping them off. So it looks awful.
I sprayed the whole thing with shellac to help the milk paint take. I'm not a fan of tills I can't remove, so decided to exclude them from this build.
Two coats of Pitch Black, one coat of Salem Red, and two coats of boiled linseed oil.